Welcome to Spreacombe – We have 6 well equipped cottages set in the 450-acre grounds of the Spreacombe Estate in the secluded Spreacombe Valley, yet only minutes drive from the stunning Woolacombe / Putsborough beaches, amazing cliff paths, quaint villages, cream teas and all that the North Devon coastal area offers. Tel: 01271 870536
- Excellent walks around the Spreacombe Estate woodland / farmland
- Peaceful but easy access to beach
- Dog Friendly
- Children very welcome with safe lawned area for games
- Good Bird watching / Nature trails (adjoining RSPB Chapel Wood)
Many guests return to Spreacombe year after year
– either taking a cottage to quietly enjoy walking, relaxing and bird watching; we have our own entrance to RSPB Chapel Wood.
– bringing the family for surfing, sea fishing, cycling on the off road Tarka Trail and beach games
– Enjoying the many site seeing opportunities that North Devon offers followed by delicious cream teas and local cuisine
– or taking several cottages to accommodate a large group holiday in a beautiful location, perhaps using our old barn for get togethers.
If you venture out, the nearby villages of Mortehoe, Woolacombe and Ilfracombe are all very different; Damien Hirst’s statue Verity stands proud in the Ilfracombe harbour area watching the sea fishing trips leave, Mortehoe boasts some stunning views from the cliff paths and two excellent pubs for post walk refreshments and Woolacombe was named Best UK Beach in a recent survey. Lundy Island is worth a trip for nature lovers and golfers will find courses in the area to suit every standard.
Back at home, our guests are welcome to walk around our woodland / take the trail across Mill Meadow to our ponds or just to stay in the cottage precincts enjoying our quiet lawned area.